Dettori in demand

Dettori in demand
Dettori in demand
Sky Sports Racing News

Frankie Dettori could be back on board Dabirsim when the dual Group One winner makes his next racecourse appearance.

The three-year-old was unbeaten in five juvenile starts, with Dettori steering the exciting colt to victories in the Prix Morny at Deauville and the Prix Jean-Luc Lagardere at Longchamp on Arc day.

Connections said earlier in the season that Christophe Soumillon would take over riding duties, largely due to Dettori’s commitments with Godolphin, but the Belgian jockey has given up the mount after he suffered his second defeat on the horse in the French 2000 Guineas.

No Firm Plans

While trainer Christophe Ferland is not making any firm plans, especially as his stable star may not run again until the Prix Maurice‘de Gheest at Deauville on August 5, he has been in touch with Dettori about the possibility of him getting back in the plate.

“There are no definite jockey plans yet, but I think Frankie could ride again next time he runs,” said Ferland.

“It is too early to say for sure, we will have to see nearer the time, but we have been talking with Frankie and hopefully he will be available.

“We will take it step by step. The horse is feeling better now than he was the day after the race, but I am not sure where he will run next for sure.

“I don’t think he will go for the July Cup at Newmarket and maybe his next race will be the Prix Maurice‘de Gheest at Deauville.

“That is not until August, but it is not because I think he needs a long rest – there are just not that many suitable races for him.”

View the original article at Sky Sports Horse Racing News

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Racing Tags: , , , ,

Please leave a reply to this article

css.php
%d bloggers like this: